Saturday, May 12, 2007

Welcome to Camp Nutria

This is the summer of our ineptitude. The only thing separating us from crippling, mind-numbing depression and anxiety this coming summer is structure. That structure will be provided by Camp Nutria. What's Camp Nutria? First, you have to know about nutria. They will be our spiritual guides.

Camp Nutria will be the shiney super structure around this glorious summer of our fading post-youths. I will be a sort of camp counselor, shit yeah.

Since summer is almost upon us, we must now decide on some activities. Maybe stuff like:

  • swimming (chlorinated pools only)
  • a stimulating book club
  • laniard and wallet-making
  • A lecture series, featuring those of us willing to lecture

Because I thought ahead, here are some activities to type into your electo-calendars:

  • The Lovely Sparrows at Alamo Drafthouse downtown before the Tim Buckley documentary (5/14)
  • Weird Wednesdays at Alamo Drafthouse, Midnight for FREE - I plan to make every one in June.
  • Vampire film festival
  • sandwiches - anytime, anyplace


Once we get our acts together they'll be a group calendar or something. Maybe even a camp kick-off party with t-shirts. Comment away...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I smell a scavenger hunt, involving beer...

Anonymous said...

For me, this will be the first camp where I won't have to play basketball for 9 hours a day OR sing a song called "Jesus is a friend, he's a friend next to ya." I'm so excited.

Anonymous said...

I have already reserved my copy of Lolita. And I'm thinking of investing in a flagpole. And possibly a canoe.

Anonymous said...

BTW, Jon, you look so deceptively innocent in that pic! I must admit, it was a little shocking to see you in a tie other than the brown waffle knit.
-M.Sto

Anonymous said...

Can we send our child to this camp? How much is it? How long?

Anonymous said...

So are we to spiritually cause extensive damage to the Louisiana wetlands due to our feeding activity?